• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

MCS2000 Accessory Connector Jumper

Status

Miller88

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I have a Motorola MCS 2000 Model 3 that is in a remote head configuration. I do not have the correct plug for the accessory connector on the rear of the brains of the radio which will produce audio but one is in the mail. I was wanting to use the 2 pin plug on the cable which runs from the head to the brains for the speaker connector.

I'm wanting to test this radio while I wait for the part which jumpers the correct pins (and adds ignition sense) to come in the mail.

Which pins would need to be jumped on the rear accessory connector to receive audio through the remote cable?

Also which pins on the brain accessory connector are audio out?

comms.mc

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
On the MCS2000 Accessory Connector...

Pin 1 - Speaker +
Pin 2 - Internal Speaker Return (sends Speaker+ to Remote Cable for Model 2/3)
Pin 3 - Speaker -
Pin 15 - Ignition Sense

For speaker output on the remote cable, bridge Pin 1 and Pin 2 with a jumper.
For speaker output at the accessory connector (local speaker connection at brick), connect speaker directly to Pin 1 and Pin 3.
Note also that a jumper must be between Pin 4 and Pin 9 to prevent the emergency feature activating.

Hope this helps.

View attachment Motorola MCS2000 Accessory Plug Installation Instructions 68P81109C97-O.pdf

OP
Miller88

Miller88

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
That’s exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Status