• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Minitor 1 - Crystal Chart?

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I seem to remember there being a chart that covered which crystal to use for the required frequency. Does anybody have one of these or am I off my rocker?

TESTMODE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I was actually going through things at the office today and came across just this thing. If no one else posts it before Tuesday, I'll scan it.

OP
rescue161

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Alright! Thank you. I tried to buy one and the company said they didn't know what I was talking about. Or if you know the calculation, that would be awesome.

I have a used pager that is marked with a label inside the case as 154.175. The crystal is marked 17080.00. I just need to change it to 155.880 and if I can find a crystal on the correct freq, I can change it, without having to buy Minitor/Director specific crystals.

OP
rescue161

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Thank you!
I was trying multiples of 10 and it wasn't working out.

Thank you again!

OP
rescue161

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I looked around and found that Bomar is making crystals again. What type of crystal do I need to tell them to make? Is there a specific pF or PPM rating or do they know what I need if I just tell them 17.26944 MHz HC49 thru-hole crystal?

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Bomar should have the cap and other specs for the xtal. Just be sure to let them know what product the xtal is for.

OP
rescue161

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Thanks. I saw that while they are making them again, they are very expensive for one-offs. Someone else recommended http://quartslab.com/ in the UK. I sent them an email and waiting to hear back.

TESTMODE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
If you ship Bomar your housing to get re-rocked, it is quite a bit more affordable, or used to be anyway.