• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola Expo: A trilogy

JeffFireRadio

Contributing Member
Hey, on your display model.... I have a box with new parts stuff still in it for the Expo (and others for every model of 70s/80s stuff). Are you interested in a new front top escutcheon to replace the peeling one (providing they are the same as the standard one)? If so, I'll pull the box off out of storage and see if I still have a new one. If that would compromise the 'factory fresh' status of the one you have, please disregard. Either way, nice Expo family!

OP
Avery Johannssenn

Avery Johannssenn

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hey, on your display model.... I have a box with new parts stuff still in it for the Expo (and others for every model of 70s/80s stuff). Are you interested in a new front top escutcheon to replace the peeling one (providing they are the same as the standard one)? If so, I'll pull the box off out of storage and see if I still have a new one. If that would compromise the 'factory fresh' status of the one you have, please disregard. Either way, nice Expo family!
Thank you!

I would be VERY interested!

JeffFireRadio

Contributing Member
Well, rats. I've searched my box-o-Expo parts and no escutcheons. Sorry. I do have a like-new housing (w/ belt clip) if you think a blow dryer could loosen its label enough to peel and reapply (even if you had to use some 3M #77 label spray. On a better note, I do have 9 new rubber on/off-volume-squelch knob covers should you have a coverless on/off-volume-squelch switch, like everyone who owns an Expo does these days. I also have one new rubber speaker-mic connector cover. Let me know.

Gtaman

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
For those who bought the MOF radios. Does it use the same cable as the MTS series? I would assume so just have not tried yet. Does the channel knob spin around 360 like the MTX838? Mine shows 16 channels but keeps going.

Also, can this seller ship everything for me? Honestly this was the best international package I have ever gotten. It was like I was opening a new radio. Pristine packaging.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Mine is continuous and programs fine with both my ribless jedi and true rib cables. The mobile programs fine with both the MCS mic jack and bottom accessory cables. The software was extremely picky about 32 bit windows, so i did have to use my older laptop. I bought both a portable and mobile and I agree on his shipping. The mobile came with an MCS2000 logo on it and he even shipped me the proper MOF230 mobile label. I had it in a week!

Watch the programming though, I had the RX and TX frequencies reversed and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hit the repeater lol. I did a full alignment on both and really they were pretty close out of the box. The only issue I have is on the portable, one of the pogo pins is loose and the battery likes to lose contact.

Gtaman

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Thanks for the info!

With these MOF radios I wonder if they can be used for satcom…

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
that's a good question. I am not sure they would go that far out. Seems all i ever see being used is the Alinco 220 mobile.