• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola Lex L11 latest SW/FW version info

88АFire

Hi guys!

One of our local radio guys purchased Lex L11N at famous auction web site. For personal usage.

Not bad device in general BTW, but a bit buggy. But we come across things like: deadly muted mic when another call was received (you cannot come back to the first party and talk with it if you have or had another incoming call!), a bit underdeveloped Radio Services app (remote control for TETRA and APX radios), spontaneous proximity sensor fails, etc.

So we are looking for SW/FW upgrade info (just info!).

Sadly, MOL EMEA account we have offers no any upgrades for Lex L11. Just a few strange files not related to upgrades.

Of course I am not asking for a files, I need just info about upgrades existence. Then, we can send an inquiry to channel partner and try to get it officially.

Version we have now is: Android 9 / PIE.L11_P_R30.21.30

Any info about available upgrades will be appreciated.

P.S.
This device cannot be upgraded via Internet and the only way to do that is Motorola RM. Thus, there is no Software update menu option available.

Rola

Contributing Member
I think PIE.L11_P_R30.25.10 (Security patches May 2021) is the most recent public release. You don't need RM to update the device, you can copy the update image to a SD card and then use recovery mode to perform the update.

Place the device into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up and Power Buttons. Keep the buttons held down until you see the 'No Command' screen.
Release the buttons.
Press and hold Power Button and tap Volume Up.
Release the Power Button.
You should now see a screen containing Android Recovery Options.
Using the Volume Up / Down keys select 'Apply update from SD card/USB Flash'. Use the power button as the enter key.
Use the Volume Up / Down keys to select the the update image (.zip file) on the SD card. Use the power button as the enter key.
The Lex will now start the update procedure.

OP
88АFire

88АFire

Really appreciate this input, Rola! Will try to get this SW image.

sarguy1941

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The supported image should push from Verizon or FirstNet automatically. As said I think thats the latest. I'll check mine when I get home.

OP
88АFire

88АFire

The supported image should push from Verizon or FirstNet automatically. As said I think thats the latest. I'll check mine when I get home.
It will work only for NA customers, but not for EMEA. Here we can claim files by sending emails to distributor and waiting for weeks on months pushing them again and again.

Com800

My LEX L11 has build number PIE.L11_P_R30.25.10, its on FirstNet and in system update tab it's showing Android V 9, security update May 1, 2021 when I click on "Check for update".