• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola LEX L11

Status

tuckerm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I found the other thread on this but I'm wondering if anything has changed on people's opinions yet on this device or if anyone has it for a daily driver.

I'm looking at this or the Sonim XP8 as a work phone. I like the LEX L11 for the hot swappable batteries and the pairing to my APX 8000...but only if those functions actually work.

Primary purpose of the phone is going to be for phone/email/internet on FirstNet but I want to know how well it pairs and functions with an APX. Can I actually see my Zones/Channels/etc on the LEX or does it act as just a Bluetooth mic? Does anyone swap batteries?

Thank you.

Cavscout

CS Forums $upporter
It works fine for remote control of my APX7K and APX6K. Does require a minimum firmware on the radio to work properly. I got it for the dual SIM capability, but one Apple started supporting that, I have stuck in a drawer as a spare. Sometimes I charge it and use it as a RSM.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
LEX L11 does not support hot swap.

Panasonic FZ-X1 supports hot swap (discontinued)

Panasonic FZ-N1 supports warm swap only (have to wait for the phone to hibernate before pulling battery, and doesn't work sometimes)

BlueBird EF501R supports hot swap as well

No sonim or Motorola devices currently support warm or hot swap.

The LEX L11 has a terrible back cover, and the rubber part of the housing falls off. The vibrator is also very cheap.

OP
tuckerm

tuckerm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm not worried about the hot swap...but having the option to pop in a second battery where I may not be able to be "tethered down" to a wall charger is a huge advantage. Controlling my APX would be a positive as well.

Jim1348

Prolific Contributor
Has there been any word about whether there will be any other Motorola smartphones like this in the future?

wildbillx

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
What sw does the Lex 11 use to communicate with APX? Is it the same as the Lex 10? Im trying to figure out why the sound cant be sent to the phone from the radio.

Cavscout

CS Forums $upporter
Well it only took about 20 tries to remember the boot PIN for it... but the software for APX interface is titled "Radio Services" version is reported to be 2.2.8

wildbillx

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Ok, so im running Radio Services on Lex F10 but ver 1.43.2. Has anyone figured out a way to update the F10 to the ver used by 11? I am just using the phone for the interface and do not have a sim installed.

wildbillx

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I spoke with the big M yesterday which is always a treat and like always, they dont have any information on how to manually update the Radio Services app. Literally everyone I spoke with asked if I had an account, which we do then refers me to download area where there is only info on Lex11. The technician said they have nothing from the Lex 10 except what the sales page have. If anyone has any or any ideas let me know.

phonebuff

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
So you probably just need to side load the APK if you have it. Which is a fancy way of saying copy the file over to the device and execute it.

Been doing a lot of that lately with Wave APK files for the development sandbox as we add the ability to get GPS data, Emergency activations and two way Messaging out of and into the cloud for APPS like Esri ArcGIS Mission.

phonebuff

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Phonebuff, I havent been able to find that anywhere.

Sorry, I guess I miss read the thread, thought you had the Lex 11 version ("Radio Services" version is reported to be 2.2.8) and just wanted to install it on the Lex 10

--------------

Status