MOTOROLA MCC5500 Console system

xts2500

CS Forums $upporter
CS Forums $upporter
Hi all,

I hobby is collect all Motorola console system. Now I have Comtegra, CommandStar Lite, Centracom Gold Elite, MC series, MCD5000 in my garage.
After I got some MCC5000 stuff from government surplus auctions. I think it is time to increase my collect.
I got 1*CES, 2*CAB and some cables include T3, CAB/CES cable.
After reading manuals I think I need CSDM to programming and run this system.

Question:
Anyone know is it worth to spend lot of time and money(buy 3~4 workstation) to setup this console system?
How to check DAP(Digital audio processor (DAP) module) license is?
What version of CSDM and firmware recommend? (I know some version need upgrade DAP ibutton license)

My Reference:
6881005Y60-D MCC5500 Operator Manual
6881005Y65-D MCC5500 Installation and Service Manual
6881005Y70-D MCC5500 System DataBase Manager Manual
6871004P79-C MCC5500_R2.5_Basic IP Network Setup Manual
6871013P84-A MCC5500_R2.5 Windows Supplemental Configuration

Thanks in advance

Keith

Contributing Member
OK, quick rundown on a 5500. First is that you will need certain things for an OP position. While a computer is obvious, there are TWO other parts.
The first is the audio panel. This goes AT the OP position location and connects to the computer. Known as a CAB.
Then there is one CES per position as well. The CES is the 'back room" equipment and houses the DAP boards that are the interface to the radios.
DAPS come in several flavors and configurations / options. First two are a single and dual DAP. The single / dual is the number of radios it will connect to. Single is one, dual of course is two. Understand that a single CES will only accept 3 DAP's if I am remembering correctly. So a maximum of 6 radios per CES. Then there are iButton options for ACIM, SB9600 and other high level interfacing with Astro radios. So to the question of is it worth it to try to get it running. I personally would concentrate my efforts on better more expandable gear like the gold elite. If you really want the interface that it offers, find some gateways for MIP5000 and build one of those up. Same look but IP based and simpler to deal with

OP
xts2500

xts2500

CS Forums $upporter
CS Forums $upporter
Thanks you, I think the hard part is getting CSDM software due to it is NLA product.