• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola Mts2000 Programming help on cps

Status
L

LCPDISPATCH

Not Registered
So i just got my first Mts2000 its a change for my regular Motorola spectra

So let me get to the point i ordered a RIB-less Programming cable for my Mts2000 And got cps but
i look around here and see no Help on how to use cps to put in frequencies. All i see is how to upgrade
Code-plugs And Flash-port So i ask you guys How do i put frequencies in my radio through cps? And is it more involved
Then i Think?

P.s. Sorry if my Noob level is high in this one.:bang:

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
So i just got my first Mts2000 its a change for my regular Motorola spectra

So let me get to the point i ordered a RIB-less Programming cable for my Mts2000 And got cps but
i look around here and see no Help on how to use cps to put in frequencies. All i see is how to upgrade
Code-plugs And Flash-port So i ask you guys How do i put frequencies in my radio through cps? And is it more involved
Then i Think?

P.s. Sorry if my Noob level is high in this one.:bang:

CPS has a help file that you should read. Programming conventional channels is very easy once you read that information. If you are trying to program a trunking system, then we can't help you.

OP
L

LCPDISPATCH

Not Registered
Ok so i checked it out and understand it slightly but do you think you can run by me how to program in the frquencie 151.6250 and 151.8950 it seem it wont work or can it?

triptolemus

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The help file is pretty straightforward. What you are trying to do is dead simple if you take the time to read the help files, study what you're doing and pay attention. You're not going to find any hand-holding on this site. Go to RadioReference for that.

Also, your grammar is atrocious. You should work on cleaning that up, too.

b16a2

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It also pays to back up your s-record. Its something that will save you if anything goes wrong.

OP
L

LCPDISPATCH

Not Registered
Thanks b16a2 that has saved me a few times with my Astro :)

Status