• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola Paint Shadow Plum SYNTOR SPECTRA

jry

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
easiest thing to do is take the top cover to an automotive paint store and match the color.

Usually the paint chip book is more reliable but they can try and scan the part if it's not badly scratched.

Usually the scans are not as close as the paint chips ....always had to tweak the scanned mixes to get it close.

they can make a spray can of base coat. Usually you want to apply a non-glossy ( Matte finish ) clear coat over that

Typically a custom mix decent paint will be around $25 and another $5 for the clear coat.

Reactions: ndp

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
RFI: Automotive paint would be my next choice too. The paint should not chip and will be scratch resistant. If all that fails I suggest this color.

OP
RFI-EMI-GUY

RFI-EMI-GUY

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
easiest thing to do is take the top cover to an automotive paint store and match the color.

Usually the paint chip book is more reliable but they can try and scan the part if it's not badly scratched.

Usually the scans are not as close as the paint chips ....always had to tweak the scanned mixes to get it close.

they can make a spray can of base coat. Usually you want to apply a non-glossy ( Matte finish ) clear coat over that

Typically a custom mix decent paint will be around $25 and another $5 for the clear coat.
Thanks; yeah I want to get it close because I have several radios and some areas need only a touch up. The cover might be fine but the chassis is scratched up. The handle area is pretty complex, too much so that would require a lot of masking to get all pieces sprayed. I have a radio that was in a control station, so its cover never saw daylight, so that can be the color reference.

OP
RFI-EMI-GUY

RFI-EMI-GUY

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
RFI: Automotive paint would be my next choice too. The paint should not chip and will be scratch resistant. If all that fails I suggest this color.

That is a popular Maaco color in some demographic areas, just add some metallic flakes and Conestoga wagon style alloy wheels.

I am keeping it subdued, but I am going to hand paint the raised /\/\otorola script on the lid with either silver or gold paint for an accent.