• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola part number 0180355A13

W8CLA

Not entirely sure if this is the correct sub. A few years ago I bought two nos nmo mounts with coax and connector installed. The part number for them is 0180355A13. Anyone know what coax they used on these?

I think I looked and looked shortly after I bought them and found a little info but have since forgotten whether I made notes lol

Rola

Contributing Member
I'm pretty sure it is or is similar to Laird TL92463, RG58U White UltraLink Teflon.

RG58U_White_UltraLink_Teflon.jpg

OP
W

W8CLA

That's what I was thinking it might be. If I remember correctly it's just a smidge smaller diameter than RG58/U but I wasn't measuring with anything extremely accurate. I haven't cut into any of it yet so I don't know what the innards look like.

My plans are to use it for winding a common mode choke and I was just trying to figure out the bending radius.

OP
W

W8CLA

coax.jpgIts definitely not RG58 lol. The black coax is an OEM Moto run for an 800mhz antenna the white is the mystery.

N4KVE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
That’s what I’m using in my car. It came in a sealed Moto bag with a 800 MHz mobile antenna. I’m using it with a UHF, & 900 antenna. I was told the thin white coax was a low loss cable for 800 antennas. GARY

OP
W

W8CLA

I was using it in my Expedition install for vhf and gave the Expedition to one of our boys. I now have a Honda Pilot and installed an nmo with RG58 in it. I swear I noticed a slight difference in received audio quality so it must be low loss.