• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola Si500 body cam

Status

motorcoachdoug

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Well i ended up doing some work for a guy from Greene County, VA and he handed me a Si500 body cam saying they no longer used them and he had no use for it, so he passed it along to me. From what I understand, the software was cloud based and since mother moto did away with the Si500 it shut down the cloud base software as well. Does anyone know if there was software for a local PC System ?? or am I basically looking up the creek without the paddle???
MCDoug

wiredwrx

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Well i ended up doing some work for a guy from Greene County, VA and he handed me a Si500 body cam saying they no longer used them and he had no use for it, so he passed it along to me. From what I understand, the software was cloud based and since mother moto did away with the Si500 it shut down the cloud base software as well. Does anyone know if there was software for a local PC System ?? or am I basically looking up the creek without the paddle???
MCDoug

What do you want to do with it? What's it doing?

OP
motorcoachdoug

motorcoachdoug

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Well I had set it aside for a while since I have been busy but now i have some time and I am going to see if I can take a crack at it and see what I can get it to do. I have a couple of Harris XG100P and see if can get at least part of it to work with the radios. Thanks..

wiredwrx

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Mine works perfectly fine as a speaker mic. I think I can get it to take pics and/or video, and store them on an SD card, but it keeps telling me either its not formatted, or its full. Just need to figure out how to format the card so the mic recognizes it. They can be "programmed" with RM.

wiredwrx

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Motorolas "Radio management" software. What do you want the unit to do that it doesn't do now?

OP
motorcoachdoug

motorcoachdoug

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Well sorry to take so long to get back with everyone. We got a new furbaby who is 7yrs old and is blind a little bit in one eye as he replaces our last family member who passed from cancer last year. I have been able to get it to work as a speaker and mic with my unit and going to try to see if there is anyway I can also get it to work with my Harris XG100 P unit. So far no joy but hey you never know. Thanks for all the replies as well and will keep you all up to date. Have a great week.

Status