• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Motorola your phones suck

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Your rep gave me 800 814 0601......disconnected. Says he got off MOL website.

I go to myview.motorolasolutions and your website tells me call 888 325 9336...... ALSO DISCONNECTED.

WTF. Incompetency....

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VALID TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR MOTO TO CALL AND FIND OUT HOW TO PUT A FOB IN PAIRING MODE?

REALLY irritated right now.

Reactions: ndp
OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
800 323 9949
Thanks! That phone call didn't go so well. Disliked the guys attitude. I tell him their advertised phone numbers were disconnected. "Oh we have been giving this number out XXXXXXXXXX for a long time." I'll post the number tomorrow. It's not even anything I found online. The guy refused to forward the issue. My MOL account shows a disconnected number. I can't contact support via this method. Doesn't see the problem.

So I get into the pairing issue with him, tell him everything I've done including google searching with zero success. How to put this fob into pairing mode. I read the pamphlet 4x and absolutely ZERO how to do this. Somehow in messing with it I got it to pair with my radio. NO clue how and couldnt replicate with confidence to call this chief back and waste his time coming to my office. He comes back and says hit PTT and power on, continue holding (like 30 seconds it took) until you hear the voice in the earpiece. Once you select the language it goes into pairing mode automatically.

Ok so I ask him to take the part number off the pamphlet and have it addressed so others didn't have the same issue. Again refused. Didn't care. Didn't want to lift a finger. Told me to call my rep and tell him the issue so he could submit it as a "product enhancement"

Redacting further comment because I have zero further good things to say about this interaction. The above number works and I will post the number I was given today when I get back in the office.

phonebuff

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I use -- Motorola Customer Support 800-927-2744

Ok so I ask him to take the part number off the pamphlet and have it addressed so others didn't have the same issue. Again refused. Didn't care. Didn't want to lift a finger. Told me to call my rep and tell him the issue so he could submit it as a "product enhancement"

Yep, nothing is ever broken go through sales and ask for an enhancement..

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
The number given was 800 674 4357

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Your only blessing is you didn't get 'Frank' from Calcutta. I managed to track down some internal engineers via some old contacts and now I just call them direct. One in the States and two in the EU. - or somewhere else - over there- .

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Rep wrote it up and passed it forward lets' see how long before they change.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
800-814-0601 active current. Not sure what your issue was.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Yes this is active now.