• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

MotoTRBO Telemtry

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rotorhead

I am seeking information on the telemtry functions of the TRBO lines. Specifically the xpr 5550 and other mobiles. I have searched the web and have not come up with the info i am seeking so a came here with hopes someone will be able to enlighten me.

I have seen videos on youtube of a MotoTRBO radio demonstration where the radio was hooked up to a water tank with water level sensors, a pump and a light. My main question is, How was this wired into the radio? What are the voltages and current limits of the accessory pins, etc.

I would like to interface our severe weather siren with a TRBO mobile so that it can be set off remotely. IE momentarily close a set of contacts to set off the siren.
I'm quite sure a relay will have to be used but im am unsure what will work as far as coil voltage on the radio end of it.

Thanks in advance.

OP
R

rotorhead

Thats all i could find on MOL myself
Not much info there but thaks for trying.

oldfart

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi Rotorhead,

Motorola supplies the source code and doco for that demonstration (don't ask my opinion of their doco standards :( ).
This information is part of the Motorola Telemetry ADK - I haven't looked closely at it ... if you manage to join Motorola's 3rd party developer group - it is in a file named:-
telemetry_demo_application.zip

I have been led to believe that 3rd party developers are not allowed to disseminate these documents under their NDA.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.