MTP850s external adaptor - here

Marc_uk

There seems to be a good few MTP850s about and folks wanting to connect external antennas, but this is Moto and it's not going to be simple, and it's not going to be cheap.

I bought the GMLN5099A from your favourite online auction site, where at nearly £70 (97 US D) it's not adisposable item, but it does work a treat.
Bizarrely, here in the UK where the world and his dog all seem to use Tetra and MTP850s no seller, er, sells them.
I had to buy mine from Germany, that was before Brexit when people panicked unneccasarily, annd the German guys stopped posting these to the UK

However the Dutch sellers were more than happy to ship them to the good old UK.

On arrival i confess to being somewhat underwhelmed by the adaptor, despite looking like it's made of plastic, it feels metallic, which is nice as the thing clips
on to the back of the HT (with rubber bung removed) then a handle swings about 90˚ to set the clamp tight onto the set.
The damn feeder is that awful mini stuff the chinese love to stick on to their crapadaptors, what - like 3mm thick it's poor, and i hot glued strain relief
where the feeble feeder goes into eack bit - SMA and bracket.

Might be 90 dollars, but now the MTP850S is useable way more, my MTP850s Fug with the adaptor and the decent mototrbo speaker mic now
becomes a poor Mans temporary 1a DMO repeater.
Hope this helps someone, the vehicular adaptor with the external antenna port on is way more expensive and is unobtanium.

OP
Marc_uk

Marc_uk

Yes I do. I will post a link in a minute or so.

Shuttle

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Another affordable solution might be using Wetech passive-plus chargers that provide antenna connection and USB/RS232.