• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

MTS2000 Scan INVALID

Status

NCRadioTech

Prolific Contributor
Ok, I haven't programmed many MTS2000's in a while, but can't seem to figure this out. I've got a MTS2000 M2 that I can't seem to assign scan to a button or switch. Every time I select scan, I'm given an Invalid field error. Same goes for when adding a conventional channel to a scan list under it's personality. I can use the menu to turn scan on and off, just not a button.

Firmware 6.52
system package: H37

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Try deleting all scan lists. then make a new one scanning a single conventional personality then assign the scan to the ABC switch B position. write the code plug then read it then fillout as many lists/personaities as you want

OP
N

NCRadioTech

Prolific Contributor
I had tried that, but it didn't like it. I actually had tried using the RSS to set the button, but managed to tool proof it.

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
Did you remove scan from the soft key menu? If I remember correctly you can't have it in both places.

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
If you still have a copy or an s-record of your original codeplug, read the file and blindly write to the radio without reading, etc. and see if it will go back in, that may fix a toolproofed radio. Otherwise, Mars or someone with a chip burner may be your only salvation...

OP
N

NCRadioTech

Prolific Contributor
I tried writing the codeplug back with cps a few times. Radio takes the code plug, but still have the fail error.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
you must use a non toolproofed codeplug. sometimes using a srecord created from a non toolproofed codeplug will fix the issue.

Status