• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

MTX9000 Programing

Status
G

glenn778

Not Registered
Thanks for looking at this post. I have a mtx9000 900mhz radio. I bought it off ebay. I found by trial and error it was programmed with RSS 06.07.0. This radio has major problems. Most of the time I can not access it, it gives me every error in the book. Once in awhile I can assest the code plug. I have noticed it is setup for trunking, but it was not using a system key. The band limits set up in the code plug is the following: 935.01250 - 940.98750. I would like to change the limits on this radio to use the ham bands. I am a newbie with radio programming. I have successfully programmed the ht1000 series radios, but this one is bit beyond me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glenn

BobbyBoucher

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
What is the model number on the radio?
What type of computer are you programming with?
Are you using a RIB or ribless cable?

OP
G

glenn778

Not Registered
mtx9000,model-h01wcc4db3an. I have been using a ribless cable using win98se, using ados box. The computer is an old thinkpad 600e. If someone has a codeplug without trunking activate that might help. I have tried using a hex editor on the obe file. I dcould not find the band limit numbers. Any help would be appreciated
thanks,
Glenn

BobbyBoucher

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I have used a Pentium 2 433 running DOS 6.22 with a rib and oem cable with success.
Sometimes the DOS software likes pure DOS only and non UART serial ports.

Status