• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

MTX9250 to HT1250?

Status

JeepFrog

Contributing Member
Any way to flash it over to a 900 conventional firmware? It would be nice to get the trunking stuff out of there and be able to use the normal Professional CPS.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It can be done with something called the "US Waris Lab Upgrade kit'

start searching its outhere.

this program will let you force whatwever codeplug you want into the radio BUT you must be sure first that your existing radio is a waris series radio (pro series) and that the firmware in the radio will be comaptable.

OP
JeepFrog

JeepFrog

Contributing Member
I have the software. Any hints as to which Tanapa is correct? It is a MTX9250 now with display and full keypad. Looks just like a HT1250 so I guess it's a Waris radio. It is currently a PMUF1060A. Or Super Tanapa PMUF1060ABN. AAH25WCH4GB6AN.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I have done a bit of checking for you. The MTX9250 is a different productline than the HT1250. You will not be able to convert one to another.

HT1250 uses Waris pro CPS (6.12.05)
MTX9250 uses waris trunking pro CPS (2.03.00)

the radios also use totally differnet firmware sets and formats.

Variable

Hate to disagree with a moderator... but the conclusion that this won't work isn't exactly true. A firmware tool is required. Since, as Notarola pointed out, these models use different software (thus different firmware as well).

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Hate to disagree with a moderator... but the conclusion that this won't work isn't exactly true. A firmware tool is required. Since, as Notarola pointed out, these models use different software (thus different firmware as well).

Having owned several MTX9250s and modded them, and also having owned several HT1250s, I'm going to have to agree with Notarola. The firmware in the two radios is radically different (look at the files with a hex editor), and the memory partitions in the two radios are also very different. If it could be done, you would have convert the trunking firmware into conventional firmware, blow the modded firmware into the radio, and then rewrite Waris Pro CPS to support 900 MHz. So, I guess you could say that nothing is impossible, but there are limits to what makes sense.

k101

Contributing Member
Hi All, I can confirm that you can re-flash a MTX9250 to HT1250 but you CAN NOT re-flash
a HT1250 to MTX9250. You just need right tools for the Job to update the CP and FW!

AK

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Does the radio actually work after? I didn't think there were 900Mhz ht1250's.

k101

Contributing Member
yep you are right there is no 900MHz HT1250's but you can convert a MTX9250 to HT1250 I did not say the radio will TX/RX (Fail 001)

Ice-T

Prolific Contributor
It can be done with something called the "US Waris Lab Upgrade kit'

start searching its out there..

I realize this is a tool that can modify current Moto product, but since it isn't made by Moto, could it get posted here? No different than the tools available here to modify Astro25 radio codeplugs here, IMO.

yep you are right there is no 900MHz HT1250's but you can convert a MTX9250 to HT1250 I did not say the radio will TX/RX (Fail 001)

Bit of a useless mod then...

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
I realize this is a tool that can modify current Moto product, but since it isn't made by Moto, could it get posted here? No different than the tools available here to modify Astro25 radio codeplugs here, IMO.

Please be reminded that we do not permit requests for depot or lab tools on this forum.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm fairly certain that the inofficial us waris lab upgrade kit, is just a hack on a motorola tool. So that would be a no. Its easy enough to find. The tools here add things to radios motorola doesn't charge for, the waris kit can convert models.

xts2500

CS Forums $upporter
CS Forums $upporter
before flash waris series radio.
save tuner value first

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I think it is safe to say you can do anything to any radio if your willing to put in the effort. However if a modification does not function then its usless as far as the general forums are concerned. This is not to say we have no interest in such modifications but it should be made clear that the modification will not function and that the steps are posted for example to show how something could be done.

Variable

Magnus, you are right. There is no 900 MHz HT1250 but the mtx9250ls is a ltr version that is capable of up to 128 conventional channels and uses Professional CPS. So it's almost as good as an HT1250.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Thats what I was looking for, yes then that is indeed useful, I wasn't aware of that model.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Magnus, you are right. There is no 900 MHz HT1250 but the mtx9250ls is a ltr version that is capable of up to 128 conventional channels and uses Professional CPS. So it's almost as good as an HT1250.

Variable-

An MTX9250 is a privacy plus (type II) trunking radio that is spec'd to have 160 channels trunking and conventional combined. However, if you program the radio for conventional channels only, the limit is 49. Also, there is a separate trunking version of pro CPS to program the radio (HVN9067).

If there is an MTX9250LS that will take 128 conventional channels and can be programmed with Waris Pro CPS and not the trunking version, can you post that information? I've never seen one.

Ice-T

Prolific Contributor
Please be reminded that we do not permit requests for depot or lab tools on this forum.

Understood, but since it didn't come from Moto direct, I had to ask the question.

I'm fairly certain that the inofficial us waris lab upgrade kit, is just a hack on a motorola tool. So that would be a no. Its easy enough to find. The tools here add things to radios motorola doesn't charge for, the waris kit can convert models.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Ice-T - No problem, that's what we are here for.

Variable - Do you have a model or tanapa # for the mtx9250ls? I may want to give this conversion a shot.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Ice-T,

Thank you for understanding our concerns. It's easy to get the impression that an "Unofficial" or "Inofficial" Waris Lab Upgrade Tool is not a Motorola product. Various versions of that tool have been floating around the Internet for several years, and were used to change Euro 5T radios into MDC radios, and perform various other mods. To the best of my knowledge, the tool is Motorola software that has been edited to bypass a dongle requirement and add other features. Several years ago, the tool was freely available on a popular UK site until Motorola came knocking on their door. The site settled with Motorola and pulled all of their software-related downloads.

P25.ca has a policy of respecting the rights of all copyright holders, not just Motorola. Even if the tool was not a Motorola tool, but was a tool built from the ground up by a third party, we would not want to post the tool unless we confirmed that the tool was in the public domain or we first obtained the permission of the person who wrote the tool (or the copyright holder if different).

We appreciate everyone's patience with our questions about such matters, since we don't want Motorola or anyone else knocking on our door.

Status