NE Ham Convention

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter

This replaces Boxboro which was an absolute dump. The facility in Marlboro is much larger and big parking lot.

I won't miss the swill water on the bathroom floors...Or the shitty food.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Mask mandate in place in city buildings today. I'm thinking this convention may be A a huge bust or B a great covid spreader. Definitely going to be different.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Tickets went on sale today, $18 for 3 days. $30 for flea spaces I believe outside. This is one drawback of moving to this hotel. They are expensive. But you get what you pay for...

fwiw I think I was #85.....

Last edited:
OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Dunno. It looks like I'm not going to be around for this now. Made reservations to work in Maine now. They are mandating masks inside. Nothing for outside flea.

escomm

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Seems reasonable, hope they have a good show. Was reminiscing about Dayton last night with a friend :cry:

medic550

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Im curious how to see deerfield nh will be next month.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Im curious how to see deerfield nh will be next month.
I will do my best to get there. I enjoy that. I never missed any for about 25 years. The old days were waaaaay better. Junk pile. Drinking all
Night. Singing and drinking while people played guitar lol

KB1KVD

I was there on Saturday and it appeared to me that Covid definitely put a damper on the venue. None of the big 3 radio manufactures were there and only a couple of smaller vendors were there. I mostly went to the ham fest for the NESMC annual meeting. On the plus side of the ledger I managed to recover one of our railroad portable's from one of the flea market vendors. The guy claimed that his neighbor found it on the side of the road and gave to him. In typical ham fashion the guy kind of got nervous when I showed him my business card and was questioning him about how he acquired an current model Icom portable from the commuter rail. Luckily the guy just gave me the radio without any trouble.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
I was there on Saturday and it appeared to me that Covid definitely put a damper on the venue. None of the big 3 radio manufactures were there and only a couple of smaller vendors were there. I mostly went to the ham fest for the NESMC annual meeting. On the plus side of the ledger I managed to recover one of our railroad portable's from one of the flea market vendors. The guy claimed that his neighbor found it on the side of the road and gave to him. In typical ham fashion the guy kind of got nervous when I showed him my business card and was questioning him about how he acquired an current model Icom portable from the commuter rail. Luckily the guy just gave me the radio without any trouble.
WOW!

KB1KVD

I'm honestly not shocked by that fact. It seems whenever I go to either a ham fest or a model railroad show I always manage to find some railroad radios. Sadly most of them are current model radios that are in service. The last one I found was up at Springfield at the train show. There was a guy selling GE Quest 12R locomotive radios with Pan Am Railways property numbers on them and Norfolk Southern JEM model 1 loco radios. Luckily a friend who was the lead radio maintainer at Pan Am was nearby. I don't remember the outcome but I know those radios were no longer on the table for sale.

N1ZZN

In my opinion turnout at the new Marlboro was very good for the flea market. This was the first year they had the flea market on Friday. I was surprised at the size. Saturday was the size of a typical good Boxboro in the past.

NEARFest in Deerfield, NH had a record turnout. They said it was the best attended since it started in 2007.

People were obviously eager to get back out to the fests.