• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

New Batteries will not calibrate.

Status

moetorola

For arm pits sake
CS Forums $upporter
In my case the Batteries are PMNN4547A Date code 2106

Will not Calibrate
Charger/s NNTN8845A V 1.01
Charger/s NNTN8845A V 1.04
Charger/s WPLN4114AR V 3.11

Will Calibrate
Charger/s NNTN8845A V1.15

Normally when I get a large shipment of new radios and batteries(160 batteries) I use all the available chargers I have and get them ready for the users.

Thanks to this site, a quick site: search turned up what I will need to do (I think).

So FYI, If you did not need the NNTN8870A in the past, you likely will need it now...... on backorder last checked
Lucky for me, I have 80 new chargers coming in that have not arrived yet.
Once Calibrated, the battery reconditions fine in the older ver. chargers it seems.
So no more handing out replacement new in box uncalibrated batteries too the guys with older IMPRES2 chargers.

MotoBill

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
FYI,

I discovered that Firmware 1.18.1 has been released when connecting my Impres-II with the NNTN8870A yesterday afternoon and running the
MSI Charger Reprogrammer application. I am not sure where to look for release notes if they exist in that the program checks the chargers existing firmware then offers the user to upgrade to a new release if not already on the current version. Easy and and simple operation!

TRENT310

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I noticed the update tool within the IMPRES fleet management client when you navigate to 'System Device Monitor' > Hostname > IMPRES device and in the context menu (right click) 'Device Update' - it keeps trying to roll it back to 1.11.01. So there's a bit of a discrepancy between what the MSI Charger Reprogrammer loads and what IMPRES Fleet Management tries to use. I suspect the Fleet Management has a bundled firmware version, whereas the MSI Charger Reprogrammer actually phones home over the internet to check for an update package. I wonder if it's also sending the serial number back though, or any other identifying information.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Is the fleet management software required?

TRENT310

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Is the fleet management software required?
This utilty is separate from fleet management, it's not strictly required for just the firmware loading functions.

I was pointing out that although charger firmware update functions are built in to the fleet management suite, its update method seems to either not check an external source, or the source that it uses only has an older version on file. Therefore, I would probably ignore the fleet management charger updates and use the standalone MSI Charger Reprogrammer instead.

Fleet management is needed to read out any battery data though, because the standalone IMPRES 2 Battery Data Reader software is not compatible with the IMPRES 2 chargers.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Also keep in mind fleet management only updates the CIUs, not the charger firmware itself for IMPRES 1. Not sure about IMPRES2.

TRENT310

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Also keep in mind fleet management only updates the CIUs, not the charger firmware itself for IMPRES 1. Not sure about IMPRES2.
It looks like it targets the actual chargers, but the bundled version must be whatever the package included at the time of release (eg. this is 3.4.1):

impres_fleet_management_update.png

impres_gen2_suc_update_r.png

Status