• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

New MotoTRBO Ion

max2770

Contributing Member
Respectfully, they may not still be in business by then. They're having major manufacturing chain issues due to component availability. That is their own damn fault, as they sold off their own semiconductor/fabrication business. Fucking idiots. Just think of how well Motorola could have done if they had designed (or at least manufactured) HSPA/LTE/5G baseband chips. That alone, would have easily been a multi-billion-dollar profit maker.

Motorola is not the same company we were loyal to for most of our careers. They're done now. They're posers. They keep making forward-looking statements, releasing buggy alpha-grade firmware and their hardware/software integration is extremely poor. MOTOTRBO CPS 2.0/RM is wholly unacceptable for release. A high school student could write more functional, faster, useful software. It's 100% GARBAGE, just like Greg Brown.

Fuck Motorola. I can't wait for the fire sale.

I might be the outlier but we're testing MotoTrbo (EMS and security for large scale events) and we're really happy with it. One frequency, one repeater in a mobile case, single site Capacity Plus and two talkgroups, it does exactly what we need (separate EMS and security with the option of doing all calls and emergency alerts). We've trialed TrboNET and it's amazing but completely unaffordable for a non-profit organization like us, so unfortunately we'll lose out on that.

Found a great ex-Moto dealer that got us a great price on radios and we even managed to get AES, apparently it's not very complicated here in Canada. RM isn't very friendly but I can't complain, for what we do it's reasonable.

If only we could get TrboNET for free or at least at a reasonable non-profit price we'd be golden.

dk5ras

MXP600 programming and test cables work fine on ION

Tuner has also supported the ION for quite some time, as Mackenzie/XPR8550 UHFWB

MXP600?! The ION does not have the bottom connector of the TETRA radios, so how should this cable work with the ION?

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
MXP600?! The ION does not have the bottom connector of the TETRA radios, so how should this cable work with the ION?
The side GCAI have typical Motorola fashion functionality

Aeroflex also has support for both handsets.

Tetra keyloading is also supported on MXP600

Last edited:

dk5ras

The side GCAI have typical Motorola fashion functionality

Aeroflex also has support for both handsets.

Tetra keyloading is also supported on MXP600
I can't get a cable for the side connector of the MXP600, and as I do not have an Aeroflex or a TETRA keyloader, there is no cable at hand I could abuse for this :) But times will come and bring a cable...