Phase 2 samples needed.

Status

MattSR

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi All,

I know its a long stretch, but does anyone here live near a P25 Phase 2 system and have access to a USRP? I need some baseband captures of a Phase 2 system so the OP25 project can be expanded to cover Phase 2 also.

Cheers,
Matt

safe

Contributing Member
I may venture into Phase II areas over the next couple weeks. (probably 50% chance)

Would some RTLSDR I/Q samples work well enough for you? Not sure I can drag an USRP along, but I always have a dongle with me.

OP
MattSR

MattSR

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm looking for exactly what I posted - raw baseband samples. Second to that, the RTL samples will suffice but the USRP has higher bandwidth so thats preferred since it can capture the control channel and voice channels all in one sample file.

I have access to a Phase 2 system, but no USRP. What exactly are you looking for, high quality audio samples of the control and/or voice channels?

safe - if you could take a USRP that would be fantastic! Otherwise the RTL caps are better than what I have now (ie nothing)

Cheers,
Matt

ka8ypy

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
My county is entirely Phase 2, but I have no USRP, where would I get one?

navtv

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I'm looking for exactly what I posted - raw baseband samples. Second to that, the RTL samples will suffice but the USRP has higher bandwidth so thats preferred since it can capture the control channel and voice channels all in one sample file.

safe - if you could take a USRP that would be fantastic! Otherwise the RTL caps are better than what I have now (ie nothing)

Cheers,
Matt

I would like to see those samples too - Anyone ???

B

beingaware

Not Registered

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

If you are still after Phase 2.
QLD GRN is well on its way, I most likely can capture some of the network testing going on.
It will be RTL captures though...

OP
MattSR

MattSR

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi mate,

That would be bloody awesome! RTL captures are more than good enough, and much better than nothing at all :)

What software are you using with the RTL? A capture of the control channel would be great, and even better if you can snare a capture of the control channel with an nearby voice channel active in the same capture (keeping in mind the bandwidth limitations of the RTL stick)

Cheers,
Matt

B

beingaware

Not Registered
Hi mate,

That would be bloody awesome! RTL captures are more than good enough, and much better than nothing at all :)

What software are you using with the RTL? A capture of the control channel would be great, and even better if you can snare a capture of the control channel with an nearby voice channel active in the same capture (keeping in mind the bandwidth limitations of the RTL stick)

Cheers,
Matt

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7805

Going by that, I should be able to grab a control channel and a few voice channels at once.
Right now I only have a windows VM deployed on my MAC, so can either be SDR sharp or HDSDR.
Can pop it on a CD for you when I send the Spectra down.

techman

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi mate,

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

The network in some areas has good business hours activity of both voice (normal and encrypted) plus other data.

I use RTL dongles as well, please provide some detail on the best software to use and I will capture some samples in my travels and send them down too.

cheers

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'll see what I can get on my 2832's as well. There is a system in its initial testing right now near me.

tvsjr

Prolific Contributor
Provide some instructions and I can help... have a newly-deployed P2 system just a city away. RTL2832 sticks with SDR# or whatever else you tell me to use :)

B

beingaware

Not Registered
Looks like our Phase 2 GRN is getting quite busy.

Matt, are you still after some captures?

tvsjr

Prolific Contributor
Yep, always

Can you provide a quick "idiot's guide" to collecting the samples you're looking for? I can get plenty from a local system, just need to know exactly what you need.

OP
MattSR

MattSR

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Well, it all depends on what software radio device you have, which OS your computer is running, and what software you use with your SDR.

B

beingaware

Not Registered
RTL-SDR my way.
You can easily put SDRSharp or HDSDR into record mode.
Just pop it on the freq before you start hitting record.
You will want to have it capturing the control and active channel at the same time.

OP
MattSR

MattSR

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
If anyone has an RTL-SDR, download HDSDR and in the recording screen, select RF (full input signal), and RAW format. That is compatible with the samples that GNUradio uses too.

tvsjr

Prolific Contributor
RTL2832 here as well, so your instructions make sense. Are you looking for control, voice, or both?

OP
MattSR

MattSR

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Ideally both in the one capture if it's possible. Thanks!!

Status