Possible stolen Harris Unity XG-100P on Ebay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic550

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
That seller gets tons of phoenix surplus radios and sells them on ebay. Usually can tell cause they grind off where it says phoenix engraved on housing.

that guy

Prolific Contributor
I'm not seeing the suspicious part here. Do you have additional information to share? Otherwise it just looks like a really beat up radio for sale by a very experienced auctioneer.

Firecpt809

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
That seller is a 100% grade AA A-hole.... There are tons of stories about his junk he sells then blames the buyer...

AD0JA

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Geez, over $1400 and no PTT paddle, plus it is showing the error exclamation point in the one picture.

Nah, I'll pass.

I will agree though, he gets lots of surplus radios he's always selling, so I doubt it's stolen.

OP
emco-tech

emco-tech

I just saw the price and the fact that it was missing everything and figured the worst.....

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Probably a turn-in that was run over by a fire truck.

d119

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Geez, over $1400 and no PTT paddle, plus it is showing the error exclamation point in the one picture.

What is the significance of the exclamation point?

I almost bought a new one of these radios, but luckily I discovered the local Harris vendor is a complete scumbag, and that these radios are not really field repairable, and take on the order of 8 hours to align.

So I got a 7K.

AD0JA

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
What is the significance of the exclamation point?

I almost bought a new one of these radios, but luckily I discovered the local Harris vendor is a complete scumbag, and that these radios are not really field repairable, and take on the order of 8 hours to align.

So I got a 7K.

Exclamation point means it has an error message which can be viewed on the radio. It can be anything as minor as an improperly programmed channel (wideband channel programmed into a radio with the Unity Wideband disable feature) or a major hardware error. Hard to say about that one, but I sure wouldn't buy a radio displaying that exclamation point.

I had an XG100p and traded it for a 7k. I will agree, the alignment is a pain on the XG. The 7k has a phenomenal receiver compared to the 100.

motorola_otaku

Prolific Contributor
Anything from that seller is 100% legitimate surplus, obtained from Phoenix city and state of Arizona auctions. That being said...

DO NOT BUY FROM BASESURPLUS. HE KNOWINGLY SELLS BROKEN EQUIPMENT.

There was a long-running thread about him on the old Hamsexy forum. I bought a stack of what was supposed to be UHF Astro Spectras from him, but got analog Spectras instead, and when I called him out on it he went back and took down the pictures showing Astro control heads. F that guy, he's a sh!thead. He's also misrepresented himself as a retired LEO to others.

OP
emco-tech

emco-tech

Anything from that seller is 100% legitimate surplus, obtained from Phoenix city and state of Arizona auctions. That being said...

DO NOT BUY FROM BASESURPLUS. HE KNOWINGLY SELLS BROKEN EQUIPMENT.

There was a long-running thread about him on the old Hamsexy forum. I bought a stack of what was supposed to be UHF Astro Spectras from him, but got analog Spectras instead, and when I called him out on it he went back and took down the pictures showing Astro control heads. F that guy, he's a sh!thead. He's also misrepresented himself as a retired LEO to others.

Thank you for the heads up. I did buy an XTS5k from him about 6 months ago and it did what it was supposed to do, but if he has a history of being unethical I'll steer clear of him in the future.

David

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Thanks for the info on him! I was looking at the Tait's he's got listed right now and he suckered me into one. Apparently the backstory on them isn't too rough but good to know about him for future dealings!

Status
Not open for further replies.