• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Problem with MCS2000

Status

drahtlos04

Contributing Member
I have a MCS2000 model II VHF.

every time i connect the pin 7 (mic socket) to the rib, it cause the mcs2000 to hang.
All button not working. It stuck at selected channel. But, I remove the pin 7 cable from rin (leave other wire there), the mcs2000 button works again.

any ideas??

thanks

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi, I moved your post from the MCS2000 Programming/Flash cable thread to a new thread.

Here's the microphone pinout: (Courtesy Batlabs)

Pinout for the Microphone Connector

1 OPT SW B+
2 SPKR- / KEY LOAD
3 MON / BUSY / KID
4 GND
5 MIC / ON-OFF
6 PTT / BUS- / /WE
7 AUX / BUS+ / KEYFAIL
8 SPKR+ / HANDET AUDIO

Pin 7 doesn't appear to normally be used during regular operation. It is used for programming and keyloading. I may be wrong; someone please correct me if I am.

When your radio is connected to the RIB, I would assume you are either programming or servicing it. What does it matter if the buttons do not work at the time? This is common for all Motorola radios. MTS2000, XTS3000, ASTRO Spectra, XTL, etc. It's normal.

OP
D

drahtlos04

Contributing Member
Hi, I moved your post from the MCS2000 Programming/Flash cable thread to a new thread.

Here's the microphone pinout: (Courtesy Batlabs)

Pinout for the Microphone Connector

1 OPT SW B+
2 SPKR- / KEY LOAD
3 MON / BUSY / KID
4 GND
5 MIC / ON-OFF
6 PTT / BUS- / /WE
7 AUX / BUS+ / KEYFAIL
8 SPKR+ / HANDET AUDIO

Pin 7 doesn't appear to normally be used during regular operation. It is used for programming and keyloading. I may be wrong; someone please correct me if I am.

When your radio is connected to the RIB, I would assume you are either programming or servicing it. What does it matter if the buttons do not work at the time? This is common for all Motorola radios. MTS2000, XTS3000, ASTRO Spectra, XTL, etc. It's normal.

I Try to program it.
The computer cannot read the radio. I think something wrong. When the button stuck, it cannot read the radio..

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
What are you using for a RIB? The crap RIBs you see on eBay, sometimes have problems as they do not support both bus lines. I used to have a crap RIB which would not work with the Motorola Spectra. I used a real RIB and had no problems.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
you need to use a rib box here is the programming cable connections

DB25 RJ45
1 1 (through a 1.2K resistor)
1 4 (direct connection)
6 3
11 6
15 7

be sure not to reverse the in order on the RJ45

Status