R2600 and QuickTest Software

Status

adamr368

CS Forums $upporter
Is anyone familiar with QuickTest software for the R26xx series monitors? I am familiar with AutoTest for the newer monitors and Astro 25 line of radios, but QuickTest appears to be the predecessor to AutoTest, and is not radio model-specific. Best of all, it's compatible with the R2600, R2625, R2660, R2670 and R2680 as long as they're running firmware V6.08 or newer. Information can be found at this link. Any thoughts on the value of this software and your experience in using it would be appreciated.

OP
A

adamr368

CS Forums $upporter
After extensive research, it appears that this was included in the toolkit software that was readily available and allowed screen capture and firmware updates. Does this software ring a bell to anyone, and if so, any willingness to share??

jry

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I believe there was another version that is a more generic radio test automation that General Dynamics released as a standalone product.

The software you are mentioning that was included in the tool kit was more for the XTS3000 and Astro Saber and was more like a preliminary of the Auto Test that had been released.

I think I have an old copy of the Tool Kit which included the software you are referring to ...never played with it since in reviewing the manual was just a very limited Auto Test

Maybe I got this wrong

OP
A

adamr368

CS Forums $upporter
I think you've got it right - there was a very rudimentary and generic "quicktest" software that preceded the AutoTest software, and also included the ability to upgrade firmware and take captures to a PC via the Serial Port. If you have a copy and are willing to share, I cannot find it anywhere, despite hours of searching.

Thanks!

From the AD - it is/was part of the toolkit suite, which would be nice to have to take screenshots and play around with QuickTest as well...

Benefits/Features
Significantly Reduced Test Times
• A typical radio test can be completed in less
than 5 minutes.
• Pass/Fail indication reveals defective radios.
Easy to Use
• Standard Windows® interface makes QuickTest simple
and intuitive to operate.
• No technical expertise required.
• Installs as part of the ToolKit applications suite.
• Automatically configures analyzer for each test.

http://freedomcte.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/QuickTest_5-06v6.pdf

MotoBill

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I checked an old R2600 Resource CD (Revision G) that contains Lab View, NI-VISA and the ToolKit but does not have have anything that looks like QuickTest among any of the applications in the Tool Kit. Perhaps QuickTest that was distributed on separate media?

The ToolKit and Lab View stuff, etc. looks very similar to those that are a part of my AutoTest installation media.

OP
A

adamr368

CS Forums $upporter
Thanks for looking - It seems like between being old, and having changed ownership a number of times, the resources are scarce to non-existent for these monitors. I have some of the radio-specific autotest apps for the newer monitors but nothing that is compatible with my R2006B, and they are standalone installers without toolkit or the other apps you mentioned. If you had a few minutes to capture an iso, it would be greatly appreciated!

Status