RF connectors - Parts ID

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi guys. Need some help IDing some RF connectors. They're used on Sinclair Res-Lok duplexers. I'd like to source them, so I can start building some replacement (or supplementary) harnesses that are suited for VHF 144-148 operation. I've been redoing Q3220E's with 355mm inter-cavity harnesses (300/freq /4 x VF = inter-cavity quarter wavelength in meters) for a while now. They're tuned for around 146-147 MHz. The Sinclair originals are 320mm, and optimized for 163-164 MHz. I'd like to pre-make some harnesses and potentially offer them for sale. The issue is the connectors: They're hard to ID. I do have part numbers, but they do not come up to anything on Google. So here we go:

20210528_125145.jpg
This is the "N female tee" connector. It is terminated with RG-142/RG-400. The part # etched into the base is 92180/12029

20210528_125208.jpg
These are the "N male tee" connectors. Same RG-142/400. The p/n is 92180/12028.

20210528_125226.jpg
This is the "N male, N female, crimp" connector. A pair of these are used on the final high/low cavities. RG-142/400. The p/n is 92180/12026.

I have reason to believe these connectors are manufactured by TRU CON CORP. But I cannot find them anywhere. I have also checked Amphenol's website, as well as Delta RF. Nothing to be found. They are all silver-plated and utilize a blade-style cap to access the center pin solder joint.

Google doesn't like the part numbers; I'm thinking they MAY be in house. I also found reference to 92180 being a military designator of some sort for RF connectors.

TESTMODE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Dug around the interwebs for a bit whilst destressing over a shitty week and sipping some adult beverages.

It looks like Tru-Con rebranded to Winchester Interconnect at some point in the past decade. https://www.winconn.com/

They have plenty of the TRU-*****-***** connectors on their website. They likely were the OEM for Sinclair's tee's. Might be worth contacting them direct.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Awesome info, guys. I will contact them on Monday.

Bill_G: Not to bash Sinclair by any means (they make good shit), but like most companies (Motorola? No.....) they likely source stuff from third-party vendors. I think the only fab they're doing in-house is the aluminum chassis/rods/parts. Just a guess, but I have been wrong many times before.

Just love it when I see Motorola selling something like a generic screwdriver spanner bit as something special, and charging $92 for it. Heh.

jry

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
other option may be to just use N tee connectors and RG214 with crimp on N connectors.
Coax length would need to be adjusted for the additional length in the connectors and T
A typical crimp-on male N connector adds exactly 0.5 inches to the assembly length.

Probably more expensive parts wise than what they used.

It would be good to know the part numbers of those type connectors for duplexer cabling

danman_0627

CS Forums $upporter
I know another company that rebuilds Sinclair harnesses uses Delta Electronics connectors. I believe the ones you would be looking for would be found on pages 72 and 75 of their catalog (see attachment)

Attachments

• DeltaCat2021.pdf
    26.8 MB · Views: 21