• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

RLN5671A Impres Firmware Programmer

Status
N

n1oty

Not Registered
I've had one of these programmer's on order via MOL for nearly a month now and the shipping date keeps getting pushed off. I got an email this morning that the revised expected ship date is now April 5th. I called Moto and confirmed the extended wait. I am wondering if anyone in the eastern Mass or RI area has one of these programmer's and is willing to let me stop by and use their programmer to bump one 6-gang charger with displays. I can hold off on my others for now, but this particular 6-gang charger has really old firmware (3.3) and needs the bump for the newer LIon impres batteries.

Thanks,
John

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
Can you provide website where you purchased RLN5671A ?

Sram

Retired
CS Forums $upporter
Motorola Online sells it:

RLN5671A: IMPRES FLD PROGMR W/NA/LA PLUG

Price: $183.75CAD (Canadian Dollars)

cyrus

MikeWazowski @ RR
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
You want a picture of a black box with a push button, a couple of led's and a USB port?

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
Though it may indeed be black it has been described by others as performing things that were beyond my knowledge of it's capability.

khw

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hi,

I too waited for months to purchase an Impres Programmer. Have you checked with Jeff at Sandy's, he was flushed with them a while back. That's when I picked one up.

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
Thank you, I watched Snarlingdogs video on YouTube where he upgraded firmware on a MOTOROLA IMPRES GANG CHARGER using a RLN5670A IMPRES FIELD PROGRAMMER, I asked how to purchase a IMPRES FLD PROGMR W/NA/LA PLUG RLN5671A. I wanted a picture and description or manual, so I could review my options prior to purchasing on MOL. Some of the comments or replies were childish and inappropriate. I do not take it in offense as my children when they were about age 5 were more intelligent.

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
My children when they were age 5 had more intellect and communication skills than you've demonstrated here. Next time you want to view something, I hope the same respect is demonstrated toward you. That said, I would never have disrespected you.

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
This is the respect that you posted toward me (I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.)

cyrus

MikeWazowski @ RR
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Oh waaaaa.

I merely asked what the purpose was in seeing a picture of it since there's so little to the programmer.

If you had asked how to use it than I could have easily described the process. It's quite simple and I'm sure even your 5 year old kids could do it.

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
I asked because I wanted to know if there was a difference between RLN5670A and RLN5671A ?

cyrus

MikeWazowski @ RR
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
RLN5670A doesn't show up as a valid part anymore. Looks like it must have been superseded by RLN5671A.

S

Spencer4Hire

Not Registered
THANK YOU, I had seen it used in Snarling dogs video on upgrading a gang charger.

cyrus

MikeWazowski @ RR
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364563206.125134.jpg

Here's a picture of my RLN5670A box.

Left to right:
Power Jack
USB port for loading firmware from computer
DB15 port for loading firmware to charger
Status LED
Program initiate button

com501

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Gee, it looks just like mine except for that funny moonbase IP address on the bottom.....:bang:

cyrus

MikeWazowski @ RR
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Current versions of firmware in the unit.

radios4bill

Contributing Member
Hi Group; I recently acquired a Impres Feild Programmer RLN5670A but it did not come with the programmer to charger cable (3089765G02) I have searched MOL and the internet and can't locate one. Does anyone know where I can purchase one at? or know the pin out? Does anyone know if the RLN5671A takes the same cable? Thanks, Bill

Status