• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Simplex Channel Programming- Both Timeslots

Sierra Delta

Hello all,

I have done a search on this forum and I haven't gotten any results, so I figured I'd post my question here.

I'm currently programming my XPR7550e radios to use multiple talkgroups on a single frequency, and this is how I currently have it setup in CPS:

Channel 1- TS1 TG 1500
Channel 2- TS2 TG 1600
RX Group Lists:
Group 1- TG 1500- Assigned to Channel 1
Group 2- TG 1600- Assigned to Channel 2

The issue I'm running into is when a subscriber radio keys up on Channel 1 TS1, the other subscriber radios on that channel can receive the audio just fine. Another subscriber radio can key up on Channel 2 TS2, but the receiving subscriber radios on Channel 2 TS2 wont receive any audio until the transmitting subscriber radio on Channel 1 TS1 stops transmitting. I have both channels on all radios admit criteria set to "Always". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the concept of TDMA 12.5KHz was to allow simultaneous conversations on both timeslots, each at 6.25KHz. I've been dabbling in Mototrbo DMR for about a year now and am trying to absorb as much info as I can. This forum has been extremely helpful so far.

The firmware and codeplug versions on all subscriber radios is R02.09.00.0001& 14.00.13
The CPS version I'm using is 16.0 Build 828
Any answers/insight will be greatIy appreciated.

OP
S

Sierra Delta

Do you have Dual Capacity Direct Mode (DCDM) enabled? That's the only way to use separate time slots on simplex.
Yes, I did just enable that. I also posted on another forum and a member there said the same thing. I don't know exactly what setting I should have under DCDM, but I did a little testing and all of the subscriber radios seemed to work the best if each one were set to "Ineligible". I tried setting one to "Eligible", but that particular radio could transmit, but none of the receiving radios were able to see the radio ID pop up, nor unmute the audio.

foxtrotdelta

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'll have to look around CPS 16.0 again as it's been a few years but I've gotten it to function very well with fairly default settings, if I remember correctly. Most radios were that combination of firmware and CPS at least. There should be some information in the System Planner as well.