• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Software ADP Enc help

Status

Dorf411

Contributing Member
I was trying to get the software based ADP encryption to work on some XTL1500's and couldn't make it work. After many hours I called Motorola for assistance and after more time I was finally told that ADP only works on the followng:

1. Conventional Astro Digital channels
2. P25 9600 Trunking Systems

I was attempting to make it work on a Type II 3600 Baud VHF trunking system, can anyone confirm the above info or have I been misled?

Thanks

John

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The info from Moto is correct.

Bigfella237

Ø Tactical OTAR Slayer
Just for the sake of argument, how about ADP with a P25 talkgroup on a Type II mixed-mode system?

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Not to flame you my friend, but the OP already stated he's trying to get this going on a 3600bps system :) I would assume his TX type was "digital" and not analog, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Bigfella237

Ø Tactical OTAR Slayer
Ah no problem, I've never really bothered 'playing' with ADP (it's like owning a Harley but still riding a tricycle)

OP
D

Dorf411

Contributing Member
Not to flame you my friend, but the OP already stated he's trying to get this going on a 3600bps system :) I would assume his TX type was "digital" and not analog, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Yes, the system I was attempting to get it to work on is Digital Type II Trunking.

Status