Stolen APX4000's / APX4500

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I hesitate to call these stolen, but they disappeared into thin air from a FedEx Terminal and FedEx can't or won't provide an explanation:

UHF1 APX4000 Model II
H51QDF9PW6AN
Ser# 426CPR3628

VHF APX4000 Model III
H51KDH9PW1AN
Ser# 426TQH3058

VHF APX4500 O5
M22KSS9PW1AN
Ser# 471CRV1096

Report for these to be made, but please PM on the odd chance they turn up.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Are these FedEx radios or were they being shipped by FedEx?

OP
NSPD

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
NC, and they were being shipped by Fedex.

sarguy1941

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Being FED EX Memphis hub has been shut down for 4 days I assume they are sitting at one of the airports. I have radios sitting at FED EX also waiting to move. When i talked to FED EX yesterday they said they hoped to start moving stuff this weekend.

OP
NSPD

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
They have been missing since 1/28 and disappeared while "On Truck for Delivery" so I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
We send radios through FedEx all the time and they have lost them after they signed for them. We sent an XG100P in for RMA and once they picked it up, it vanished. They refused to pay for the radio, even though it was clearly in their possession at the time that it went missing.

Three years later, it showed up at another base. That base called our office and asked us if we were missing a radio. So, they sent it to us via FedEx... we got it and still had the RMA paperwork and had never made it to Rochester, so we submitted a new RMA and sent it via FedEx again.

Our latest snafu with them is that they lost 6 portables and are again, refusing to take responsibility. The tracking shows that the driver left the package at the front desk... Camp Lejeune is a very large base and there are a LOT of front desks... There is no signature, just a note from the driver. I don't know how they keep getting away with what they do.

clbsquared

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I don't know how they keep getting away with what they do.
Contract drivers. I can't begin to count the number of private contract drivers I see in a days time with a FedEx sticker / magnet on the side of a minivan or a rented box van.

MotoBill

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
If FedEx isn't going good for lost parcels then why keep using them?

sarguy1941

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
My radio showed up last week finally. I have had them cover one lost radio, but the money ended up in a general fund and never got the radio replaced due to politics...

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It almost sounds like Fedex is tagging the packages somehow to indicate $$$ electronics or maybe when they are x-rayed. I too have heard of radios and portables disappearing while in transit. The explanations are weak " we delivered them to John Smith at 1:23 am on the 32nd" type thing. Also I have heard the same complaint Fedex wont pay the insurance on the missing items.

Now when I have to ship anything expensive I make sure its not in packaging that would indicate its something interesting IE no Motorola branded packaging.

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Most of the time, the boxes have Harris marking all over them.