Telex IP-223 over GRE tunnel

OP
M

Mountain_Comm

Well, things are not working (multicast anyway) I had Multicast running between my Home router and my Work router until last week when I upgraded my home ISP service from copper to fiber. After the upgrade I reassigned the home router its static public IP address and the two spoke routers reconnected. I have no issue (actually latency dropped between 50 and 75 percent to the 2 spoke routers) connecting to them and accessing the devices on these routers. However I can not get multicast traffic to work.

Unicast traffic works fine. I can changes the address in the IP-223s and console and have no issue. Trouble is I need the multicast to work because I now have four consoles.

Everything is configured exactly as Andrew describes. I have gone over this several times. The Hub router has static routes to all the spoke routers and the spoke routers have a super net pointing to the Hub.

If I do a show ip pim neighbor on the Hub router it shows PIM adjacency of the tunnel address of the spoke routers. However if I do the same show ip pim neighbor ont eh spoke routers nothing is shown.

Since installing the CABIN router I was never able to get multicast to flow between it and the HOME (Hub) router.

If I do a Ping 225.8.11.81 source VLAN X from the spoke routers it comes back with

Reply to request 0 from 10.10.11.1
Reply to request 0 from 172.16.0.1
or
Reply to request 0 from 10.10.12.1
Reply to request 0 from 172.16.0.1

depending on which spoke router I am doing the ping from.

If I do the same ping on the hub router I get this,

Reply to request 0 from 10.10.10.1

Also I read in the Telex manual to use PIM dense mode? any comments here?

TNX Jim

Bill_G

Prolific Contributor
Sounds like the ISP blocks all multicast even through VPN's. Start there. Ask them to allow mcast.

OP
M

Mountain_Comm

Shortly after I posted my last post I got things working. I had to add ip nhrp map multicast dynamic int tunnel 0 config on both the spokes. After that I pinged 225.8.11.81 source vlan of spoke participating in the multicast. Then thing started working. Now both spokes are sending working with multicast.

The last thing I have a question about is PIM sparse-dense of just dense? the telex manual suggest using dense. why do you think this is?

Next I plan on adding IP phones to the tunnels.