TenSr Channel bank info

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
I have a stack of TenSr 800 and one TenSr 600 Channel bank.
I am looking for any current documentation that was Motorola specific to their interface panels or the DSM2 simulcast cards.

I am also looking for some assistance on a configuration on the 8119 E&M cards. Specifically on what a configuration would look like to hold the audio open on the E&M interface.

I am looking to extend a CC Console via ROCI CORI and I do know that the serial can be done via a null cable, so I am just needing to transport the audio.

I know there are other ways of shipping data and serial but I have these things and a solid TDM over IP setup to connect them together.

The old manuals I have are for 3.9 to 3.9 version of the units, and my units are 5.13 so there are some things my info doesn't cover.

jmfirefighter20

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Let me see what I have for manual versions on the shelf. I still have a number of these old clunkers in service.....

OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Thanks... I am trying to get the E&M to talk to each other and I am having a hard time with it.

Bill_G

Prolific Contributor
The DS0 cards have to say E&M. There are cards that do not pass E&M. That's assuming you have your DS0 assignments correct. Gotta get the voice traffic to pass first.

kc2tgd

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Mode needs to be "to" for transmission only, hence not looking at the E&M signaling leads. Screenshot of a working config attached

Attachments

• u1.PNG
    u1.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Getting to the point I am wondering about the T-1 path. It shows that the path exists and the channel banks do NOT have LOS alarms, but I also don't have a sync unless I put the near end into LB. Think I am gonna put a T-1 tester in line and see if I am getting the tones out of the TenSr and on to the correct TS on the T-1.

Trying to use these damn RAD TDM over IP units that I have used in the past and seem to ship traffic when I have a T-1 tester at each end of them. It's no doubt something dumb I just haven't figured out yet.

I have one TenSr generating clock, the TDM next to it is set adaptive which should allow the clock to come out the TenSr and pass the link. The other end is set transparent which should pass the clock to the other Channel bank that is set to pull clock from the T-1 coming into the unit.

Just pulling my hair out. Once I have this working I am gonna put one TenSr at the tower and the other one here at the house and run the audio and serial data for ROCI CORI across them so I can access the CEB at the tower.

The units had these cards in them from the previous install and both the ones I am currently working with also have the DSM2 cards Motorola made for analog simulcast.

I may try to cheat and put the one T-1 tester I have in place of the RAD gear and let it create the T-1 circuit and see if that fixes it.
It's just being a pain.

The final configuration is gonna be a RAD microwave shot with the IDU units that have T-1 interfaces on them. I may also try firing them up and see if I can get it to work that way. I was hoping to get the TDM over IP units working so I didn't need to put up another dish at 240 feet before winter gets here but if that's what it takes, I will.

Reactions: ndp

Bill_G

Prolific Contributor
the RAD IP-MUX is jolly fun. I don't recall what I did to hammer it into submission, but I do recall never wanting to use the product again.

OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
the RAD IP-MUX is jolly fun. I don't recall what I did to hammer it into submission, but I do recall never wanting to use the product again.
Oh yeah, if I didn't have a set of them here to use... knowing about them first hand I would NEVER even consider using them... But I do and I would like to get them going.
This weekend is gonna be a bunch of crap weather,,, good time to sit and work on this more

OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Oh Joy, the RAD IP-Mux for running T-1 over Ethernet.... I would rather take these things and run them over with my van.

So I connected my RAD-Airmux 200's up tonight and brought up a connection between them and then connected my channel banks.
No issues, the Channel banks connected to each other and started passing audio immediately.
Problem is that to setup a microwave shot between here and the tower I need to go 240 feet in the air to clear the trees. Which is gonna SUCK and be COLD.
But I do know it will work. So that part is a positive.

If I could get these dumb IP-Mux units to work I could run the connection across the existing Microwave shot that is Ethernet only and not need to fight with these dumb things.

kc2tgd

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I had a pair running on an IPMux for a while, going off memory one TeNSr was set for internal clock, it's IPMux was set for Loopback timing. On the far end, the TeNSr was set to clock off W1-1 (or whatever connection you are using), and the IPMux was set for Adaptive mode. Then the bundles have to be connected. I believe it's also possible to have both IPmux set for Adaptive timing if the software is new enough.

Bill_G

Prolific Contributor
That makes sense. The back of my head says that is correct.

OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
I had a pair running on an IPMux for a while, going off memory one TeNSr was set for internal clock, it's IPMux was set for Loopback timing. On the far end, the TeNSr was set to clock off W1-1 (or whatever connection you are using), and the IPMux was set for Adaptive mode. Then the bundles have to be connected. I believe it's also possible to have both IPmux set for Adaptive timing if the software is new enough.
I think??? I tried that, but I will try it again. It's been LOADS of fun playing with this.
Once I tried the AirMux and it worked I knew it was the dumb IP-Mux units. I just need to get that ironed out.

OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
And finally its up.
Now to build ROCI CORI cables. get that running. Load 10.0 Gold Elite software, hopefully import the current configuration on the console system and get this all running.

OP
Keith

Keith

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
CS Forums $upporter
Quick update on the progress.
I have the channel banks communicating and I have the audio link running between the ROCI CORI interface.
I am trying to work out the wiring to directly connect the serial connection across the SRU232 interfaces on the channel banks so I don't need modems.

I know that the modems will run across the E&M cards as long as they are 4 wire, leased line modems, but I would rather eliminate the modems all together and just run serial.

I have put a basic cable between the ROCI CORI with nothing but TX, RX and gorund and had them connected. I just need to get that done with the SRU cards and I will be done with the project.

One thing I was also thinking about is there are a few resources that are 4 wire that I would like to ship home and run desk sets on. I can do that with the E&M cards and it will work just fine.

But that's a different project.