• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Using a NNTN8845A in a vehicle?

Status

Trunker

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Good evening:

I am looking to use the NNTN8845A with a cigarette lighter plug, and have ordered a generic 12V 3A plug/universal adapter kit to try out, but wanted to check and see if other than turning off the conditioning switch, is there anything I should look at or consider?

Trunker

SoCal355

I think thats a 110 volt unit
While back I was using Single Bay in-Vehicle Rapid Charger, had a cool strap to hold the radio in palce

escomm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Good evening:

I am looking to use the NNTN8845A with a cigarette lighter plug, and have ordered a generic 12V 3A plug/universal adapter kit to try out, but wanted to check and see if other than turning off the conditioning switch, is there anything I should look at or consider?

Trunker

This is from the NNTN8860 kit, right? Pretty sure your base here runs off 12V, so your idea should work, vehicular chargers like this have been out there since at least the 90s and Motorola offered their own $30 brackets for the shoe (likely cost them about $1.50) lmao

Status