• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

W3 to DEK cable/pinout

Status

PossumCop

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Does anyone have a pin-out/schematic or even a part number of the cable for adding a DEK to an AS-W3? It should be from J2 (15-pin accessory/speaker/ignition) on the HKN6096B Y-cable to the DEK.

JMR061

Prolific Contributor
What is the purpose of the dek your adding? Never seen a dek harness come off the radio that way. Do you have a part number?

OP
P

PossumCop

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I was planning to add some soft key features (Mode X) on the DEK. I don't know the part number but I was assuming that the connection was through the D15. I've seen the setup using the AS-W3 and DEK used by one of those agencies well known for its initials. I suppose that it could be a) a SP kit of some kind, or b)something produced by the agency radio shop. If you are aware of a different setup, please let me know. Thanks.

code352

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The only DEK support on an Astro Spectra W3 is in conjunction with the HLN1439 Siren box, and the HKN6145 siren cable with DEK connector. The HLN6096B cable does not have any of the correct connections to host a DEK from the J2 connector. Most likely the setup you saw was utilizing the siren hosted DEK.

OP
P

PossumCop

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
That makes sense. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to live with the features on the HHCH since I don't have any need for a siren - although the airhorn would be kinda fun sometimes....

Status