• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Warning ! Warning ! Danger Will Robinson !

phonebuff

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Danger Will Robinson.jpg

Have a number of customers reporting that Depot is now returning 7000s with Firmware ver.21.10.07. and in at least one case where the repeaters are at R09.00.13 they will not talk --

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Yet another case of updated repairs being returned to customers with a unwarned and at the time unserviceable issue.

Phone have you got more information on what is happening or not happening in this case? Trunking or conventional. Im not sure how a radio could be blocked accessing a repeater since the repeater does not transmit any firmware based values. All I can think of off the top of my head is the repaired radio is now using some updated TG/SID/RID format that the repeater will not accept. Im thinking something like RAS in TRBO?? has been added to the OSW.

Reactions: ndp
OP
phonebuff

phonebuff

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
@Notarola to early in the process to know. The change in Header formats in the M2020.02 release makes me think that a feature / function is on in these that was not even available when they went to depot. But way to early in the investigative process to have a clue right now. An I have not seen the code plugs.. Yet !

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
NP I figured it was too new to have been researched past the "Huston we have a problem" stage.

OP
phonebuff

phonebuff

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Well, I got the code plug export from RM today and imported it into one of my instances.

-- RAS looks right -
-- Privacy Looks Right
-- ARS/TMS are correct.
-- Timers all look correct
-- Talker Alias is not active
-- GPS and therefore inband GPS is not active.
--
Told contact to call L2 and report as @Notarola said. "Huston we have a problem" AGAIN..

escomm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Have fun eating time & labor on the rollbacks :(

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
APX Depot is locked to factory only tech support. If a rollback is necessary, every radio will have to go to the Depot. FTRs no longer have access to Depot Tools in the field for newer versions. Same with Trbo Depot.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Rolling back legit subscriber hardware is a NO GO in my books and phones too I bet. The issue here is Moto returned hardware with unwanted and currently unfixable issues. Moto should be the ones fixing them not the owner or service shop. Moto can do a rollback if they chose to. All that is needed to be done is connect the radio to your computer call up(login) to Motos server and let them do what ever is needed to return the units to a operational state. The depot software does not leave Motos system and the radio sits at your service facility during the process.