XG-100P Side Buttons & Housing

synegy3488

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Based on what I can find; I assume to already know the answer to the question I'm going to ask, but I'll ask anyway to statisfy my curiosity and for my own sanity.

On my, new-to-me, XG-100P the bottom most option button (SB2) seems to have gone intermittent, when pressed I can feel the snap dome actuate, but the button does not perform the programmed operation (flashlight, in this instance, so pressing SB2 should cause display to temporarily illuminate, I've also tried reprogrammed the button for other operations, such as scan, to see if it was operator error), and sometimes it will work, but only if pressed quite hard. So, I'm betting there is either contact corrosion or the flex has a break, and from what I can tell that entire button area is ultra-sonically welded so there is no way to repair it without damaging the housing badly.

Is there any third-party source for XG-100P housings (other then buying, say, a parts radio)? I assume the answer here is NO because, based on searches I've done, Harris wants these radios shipped to the Rochester plant for depot repair. On that front given these radios are EOL, I would also assume that depot repairs are limited in the first place?

TRS

Prolific Contributor
There are no depot level service parts available, outside of L3HARRIS, for the XG-100P. L3HARRIS is the only authorized servicing for these.

Repair service is still available for them until mid 2022, if you are able to get L3HARRIS TAC to accept it for repair.They are concerned with maintenance contracts and not individuals looking for repairs. It's a 50/50 chance and a pricey flat rate charge if they do accept it. If they see that the radio has been tampered with they will either refuse the repair or charge an additional fee. There is also a tamper seal over one of the screws to give an indication of whether it has been opened or not.

Attachments

• cs-pspc-depot-repair-flat-rate.pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 16

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
This is such a good reason to avoid Harris

rescue161

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I tried to warn folks on rr.com, but they did not want to hear it. We loathe these radios as they have been nothing but headaches for us. We see a very high failure rate and at $750 a pop for flat rate, we spend a lot. As I said before, I'd avoid the XG-100P. The XG-100M is good to go.