• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

XTL2500 FW question

dtbuff88

Im quite familiar with the APX series as far as flash upgrades (dep**) and fw upgrades. On the XTL series does the FW file contain the actual flash upgrade as well?

MotoBill

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The FW archives as they were distributed contain model series specific .cvn files unlike the APX series.

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
Also included in the X series zip file is the UCM update files and CPS would alert you, prior to flashing the radio, of the presence of a crypto module and the option to update it.

Reactions: ndp

Trunker

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Also included in the X series zip file is the UCM update files and CPS would alert you, prior to flashing the radio, of the presence of a crypto module and the option to update it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but will it only notify you if 'secure hardware equipped' is enabled? For some, I have seen that the board is in, but that option isn't checked, and it (CPS) doesn't give you the option to go back and upgrade the firmware of the UCM/MACE.

But then again, it's 6:00 and I am two drinks in already...

KX5MOT

I updated some mobiles recently that did not have secure checked and CPS did prompt me to update the module.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
To update the UCM you will need the R0507.15.ucm.rel.mac.aif file. It is included on most firmware updates. To do it enable hardware encryption in the codeplug and write to radio then follow the radio upgrade procedures when given the option to update the UCM select yes.