• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Xtl5000 intermittent power off

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
This one has me stumped. I have an Xtl5000 and xtl2500 in my vehicle. They're both wired through a blue seas fuse block. The xtl2500 has no issues, but the Xtl5000 keeps restarting on me. Usually it turns right back on, but will do this several times in a row. There's no pattern as to when it does it either. I thought it was a loose wire, so I checked all of them. No loose wires. No bad fuses. I also checked all the settings in the radio that might account for it and no issues there. I can't figure out a reason for this.

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Please share your firmware version. This is critical information and no one can help you until we know what's running in that radio.

OP
D

dasnps

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Forgot about that part. It's firmware 8. Is it possible that a firmware update is all that's needed to fix this?

Pezking

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Forgot about that part. It's firmware 8. Is it possible that a firmware update is all that's needed to fix this?
Well, they are up to R19.60.05 so it is quite possible your 2006 era firmware is the cause.

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The OP just answered his own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.