• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

XTS-1500 cloning to a XTS-2500....Is it possible?

Status
N

njemt437

Not Registered
Can a xts-1500 be cloned to a xts-2500 radio? If possible how can it be done. We have just upgraded to the new P-25 Astro system and currently the XTS-2500 is set for TypeII/P25 with a system id. The xts-1500 were just upgraded for our new system and they have placed a ASK on it. Any ideas?

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
So long as you have a child ASK you can load it, open two copies of cps, read one radio into each and do a upper level drag and drop from the 2500 to the 1500 and then correc any invalid fields.

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
I think you will find that only a top node drag and drop would work between platforms. Any errors would show up in the pop up box.

OP
M

markymark5411

Not Registered
I know this is going to sound like a NOOB question but what do you mean by child ASK? I assume that has something to do with a system key maybe?

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
Yes the Advance System Key (ASK) would be required to do this....

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The master ASK is held by the system owner/manager, it can be used to make child keys to give to end users, radio shops and other authorized programmers.

Status