• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

XTS-3K won't Tx on some Talkgrops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scanner4

I have a XTS-3000 secure Model II , model number H09UCF9PW7BN.

Here is the rub/problem, the radio will transmit on the system on some talkgroups and on other it with only key the system but will not pass any audio.
So I'm looking for a little help on this problem (the city radio shop is no help at all)
Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, I'm new here

Thanks
George

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Analog or digital talkgroups? 3600 or 9600? 800 MHz or 700 MHz (or mixed?)

Secure or clear?

Firmware versions installed in radio? Flashcode would be most helpful too.

OP
S

scanner4

Analog Tlakgroups,
800mhz 3600bps
flashcode, 100008-00000-0 system pkg: H38
not sure how to read the Firmware

thank you for your help

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Sounds like the unit ID is disabled.

OP
S

scanner4

then why would it Tx with audio on some TG's and not bring[key] up the system but NOT pass audio

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Is your system whacked? Our welfare SmartZone Omnilink 4.1 system had firmware issues back in the day, which caused issues which are exactly what you are describing. The problem is intermittent.

Has the system been maintained? What firmware versions are installed in the Quantar SCMs, exciters and other infrastructure?

Does the radio act up on simplex/conventional operation? If not, it's likely the system and not the radio.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
not sure how to read the Firmware

Turn on the radio and immediately press the lower side button 5 times or more until the radio goes into service mode. The firmware and DSP versions will scroll across the screen. Or, read the radio with CPS and go into the radio information portion of the tree.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
then why would it Tx with audio on some TG's and not bring[key] up the system but NOT pass audio

Did you mean to ask "why would it Tx with audio on some TG's and bring up the system but NOT pass audio on other TG's?" If so, the radio may be off frequency and probably needs to be tuned.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Are you 100% sure its talkgroup related and not just intermittent no TX audio?

OP
S

scanner4

yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a TG issue, It will Tx on A-6 100% of the time and never on A-2 , when I listen on diffrent radio I can hear the dead carrier on A-2 when I key the radio but NO audio, on A-6 I can hear the carrier and the audio, so go figure?
Again Thanks for the help

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a TG issue, It will Tx on A-6 100% of the time and never on A-2 , when I listen on diffrent radio I can hear the dead carrier on A-2 when I key the radio but NO audio, on A-6 I can hear the carrier and the audio, so go figure?
Again Thanks for the help

By any chance, are the nonworking TGs set to digital TX?

OP
S

scanner4

BINGO Squeaky, the first 5 TG were set to digital... once changed to analog everything working as it should.
You rock Squeaky, and thank you to everyone on this board for your help and input (you saved my ass)

Status
Not open for further replies.