• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

XTS-5000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky

CS Forums $upporter
Just to satisfy my curiosity, what month and year was the XTS-5000 type accepted by the FCC?

Thanks

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Here is a catalog option and price list page from 2004 that refers to 3600 baud trunking being available in Q1 of 2003. It seems that 9600 trunking was already available at that time which would have been shortly before Q1 2003. So it would seem the first XTS5000's came out in late 2002. I would assume it would have been around that time... You can probably look up the FCC type acceptance number (in the service manual?) and find out from the FCC exactly, if you really need it.

Attachments

• xts5000uhfiii.pdf
    211.7 KB · Views: 178
OP
S

sparky

CS Forums $upporter
Here is a catalog option and price list page from 2004 that refers to 3600 baud trunking being available in Q1 of 2003. It seems that 9600 trunking was already available at that time which would have been shortly before Q1 2003. So it would seem the first XTS5000's came out in late 2002. I would assume it would have been around that time... You can probably look up the FCC type acceptance number (in the service manual?) and find out from the FCC exactly, if you really need it.

Alpha,
Thanks for the pointer. I have found that by going here:

www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

and entering the radio's FCC ID #, there is a wealth of information to be had.

Sparky

Status
Not open for further replies.