XTS2500 Keypad Board

Status

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
I have a couple of keypad boards from XTS2500 Model 1.5 radios. The board looks the same as from a Model 3, but has a removable rubber membrane over the contact pads. The part number of this board is 8485777C02. I suspect that these boards can be used in Model 3 radios, but the part doesn't come up in MOL so I don't know if it's a modded board for a Model 1.5 or the same as a Model 3 board. The only other number on the board is PMLN4791B, but that comes up as a $580 part (I think for a complete model 1.5 housing). Anyone know? Thanks.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
the keypad boards are the same as far as I have seen. The PMLN is a housing kit as you suspected.

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
I would tend to agree. I think that only the secure boards are "model specific" as I have seen them with the missing contacts for model 1.5's.
I think I still have some of the Model III's hanging around from some radios that I did secure board upgrades on. I'll see if they have any different #'s on them.

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
The model III part # is 0104026J98 and I have a few of these just hanging around. I wasn't able to find the 1.5's. Not sure where they went to.

OP
Number 6

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The model III part # is 0104026J98 and I have a few of these just hanging around. I wasn't able to find the 1.5's. Not sure where they went to.

Thanks for checking. I also noticed that current MII and MIII part numbers are different, but the boards appear the same. Since these M1.5 boards have all of the contact pads, I'm assuming they will work. I'm rebuilding a couple of MIII housings and will give it a try.

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The M1 and M1.5 boards have all the pads and are the same as the M2 or M3, but usually don't have the popples installed, IIRC.

OP
Number 6

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The M1 and M1.5 boards have all the pads and are the same as the M2 or M3, but usually don't have the popples installed, IIRC.

What's a "popple"?

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Technically, they are called snap-domes. I like "popples" because it suggests what they do, and it reminds me of the Futurama episode "The Problem with Popplers". :)

Greetings from Omicron Perscii 8!

OP
Number 6

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
You can eat all the popples you want.:p I'll stick with popovers. :rolleyes:

gsxxr1300r

Prolific Contributor
For informational purposes, here are a picture of the two side by side.

XTS2500 Keyboard pc board.jpg

Status