• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

XTS2500 Questions?

Status

radios4bill

Contributing Member
Hi Group; I am looking to purchase a XTS2500 and have a couple of questions. What is the difference in a 4 v 8 Meg radio? Do they have the older Ram processor or are they just Bravo? Thanks Bill

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
4M has smaller flash memory, whereas 8M is just that. 8M supports current firmware, where 4M is cut off at R09.xx.xx/DSP R16.xx.xx.

The RAM22 processor has some DSP issues, whereas the BRAVO122 process seems to have a lot less problems. As of R14.xx.xx DSP firmware, the RAM22 processor started acting up with button presses (lagging/beeping). Some members here are quite familiar with RAM22 I'm sure. Motorola refuses to acknowledge the problem.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I don't think its a line in the sand like AN's have ram and BN's have bravo, but I think its fair to say that ALL BN's are probably bravo's and AN's have a chance of being RAM's.

Status