• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

xts3000 Band Change?

Status
B

biggs36748

Not Registered
My xts3000 is 800mhz. Now I need vhf. What do I need to do to convert from 800mhz to Vhf?

Mars

Retired
CS Forums $upporter
New RF board (VHF) and a new s-record, followed by a realignment.

dustymedic

Contributing Member
Wouldn't he be better off just buying a new one? I see a lot of 3K VHFs on eBay all the time, he could probably get more for the 800 than what the VHF would cost him..

Mars

Retired
CS Forums $upporter
Wouldn't he be better off just buying a new one? I see a lot of 3K VHFs on eBay all the time, he could probably get more for the 800 than what the VHF would cost him..
When I said "new", I meant any VHF RF board that might be kicking around. I should've phrased it better. I guess not everyone has spare RF boards lying around like I do. Hah hah.

And what you said about pricing, is correct.

OP
B

biggs36748

Not Registered
Yea, I thought about doing that. Guess I will be looking for a couple of boards or extra radios. I need 2 or 3 VHF, UHF , for the 2 xts3000's and I have 2 EFJ 5100's 900mhz that I need to change.

Firecpt809

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
you will need EF J boards for the EFJ radios'

OP
B

biggs36748

Not Registered
Ok, next question is if I buy a model 1 and put it in my model 3, do I just use the rf board or the whole inside. Also will the LCD and buttons work or do it need to be flashed?

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
An rf board is an rf board. as long as the radio was a model III then changinfg the rf boards wont change it.

Status