• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

xts5000 700mhz issue Conv

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbendick

Contributing Member
Reading the post about someone who couldn't get 700mhz trunking working. Problem here is no 700mhz in Conv freqs. Any ideas what to check? I looked around and sorry I couldn't find anything.

xts5000 II
Hosp 12.00.00
DSP 12.00.00
8meg
RF Band 700/800

OP
T

tbendick

Contributing Member
Can't get any 700mhz channels into the radio. However radio should be 700/800mhz.

NCRadioTech

Prolific Contributor
So you are trying to add 700 trunking or 700 conventional. For conventional make sure you have the correct bandwidth set. For trunking it seems like you had to define the channel spacing first.

dustymedic

Contributing Member
Are you trying to add the 700 MHz conventional interops channels? Because those are digital..

OP
T

tbendick

Contributing Member
Ok It was the bandwith. I had them set to RX only which doesn't allow you to change the bandwith. Changed to TX set the bandwith and changed back to RX
Most worked but a few didn't, doesn't like 794 and 805mhz on RX. I could put them in for TX

cyrus

Trailer Park Superintendent
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
794 and 805Mhz are not valid receive channels.

OP
T

tbendick

Contributing Member
Cyrus. This is what I was looking at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQGH335

One other question if anyone knows.
On my XTS2500 III when doing user programable scan from the radio. I can use the 4 way button to program scan. Left / Right for Zone and Up / Down for channel. No need to rotate the channel selector.

On the XTS5000 II in my first post. The 4 way nav button works left / right for zone but up / down doesn't change channel when programming scan.
Any Ideas?

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Are those mobile extenders? The 3 lower frequencies are -30MHz from the 3 higher frequencies, respectively. That would correspond with 700 MHz repeater frequencies, but the license is limited to 2W maximum output. You probably only need to listen to the 3 lower frequencies.

OP
T

tbendick

Contributing Member
Number 6, thanks think there is a good chance that is the case.

Now if I can just figure out the navigation button. I love the way the 2500 works, now need to find a way to make it work the same on the 5000

cyrus

Trailer Park Superintendent
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Are those mobile extenders? The 3 lower frequencies are -30MHz from the 3 higher frequencies, respectively. That would correspond with 700 MHz repeater frequencies, but the license is limited to 2W maximum output. You probably only need to listen to the 3 lower frequencies.

That would make more sense. That range of frequencies is for mobile/portable transmit only.

OP
T

tbendick

Contributing Member
Just an update. The issue with the up and down navigation button while programming scan is a firmware issue.
had the radio updated and now works , much quicker to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.